2013 Wag Strong Wag Along at the Melbourne Marathon Weekend
Website URL: http://www.themelbournemarathon.com
Saturday, February 2, 2013
9:30am, immediately following the
Florida Today 5K & 8K at the Melbourne Music Marathon Weekend
in Downtown Melbourne.
This is 1-mile walk/run to benefit the Stryder Cancer Foundation - Wagstrong.org. You may participate with or without a dog.
1st, 2nd and 3rd places overall
Human/Dog Lookalike, Best Costume, Best Superbowl Costume
Special Doggy Prizes and raffle!
Online regsitration closes January 31st, 2013 at 5pm.
Race day registration will be $25.
Unable to attend? Do a virtual run! Select the virtual category. You will receive an event shirt and your registration fee will benefit the Stryder Cancer Foundation.
Additional Waivers and Event Rules:
- Dogs in any stage of Heat are NOT ALLOWED at this event, as spectators or participants.
- All dogs must be on a leash at ALL times. Retractable leashes are discouraged, as they may cause tripping/injury to runners. If using a retractable leash, please adjust to a manageable length.
- Rabies vaccinationa and county animal license MUST be current to register. Proof of vaccinations and county animal license must be presented at packet pick up. If you do not have a current liscense, please call Brevard County Animal Services at 321.633.2024 or visit www.brevardcounty.us/AnimalServices/TagsLicenses. It is strongly recommended that all dogs are current on all vaccines recommended by their veterinarian including Distemper (DHPP), Leptospirosis, Bordetella, and Canine Influenza.
- The Melbourne Marathon, City of Melbourne and the Stryder Foundation are not responsible for any human or animal injury or illnesses as a result of the event. Dogs that are aggressibe towards other dogs or humans (including children) should not be brought to the event.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog.
Race will begin near Meg O'Malleys on New Haven Ave. in Downtown Melbourne. The course will be a i-mile loop, starting eastward on New Haven.